Post by Albert Wesker on May 16, 2016 16:37:49 GMT
Now I have a Jumpman 2.0, this time being Mario's rival, Wario. While he does position his d-air well (like, he can combo into it), he won't stop randomly using n-air. Any tips? (Yes, since I'm on 3DS, I have used the metal boxes, but it doesn't change anything.)
Nair is actually Wario's best aerial imo, but if you want him to stop using it, I'm sure I can walk you through some things to try.
1. You can use what I call, the "Mario Method", and try to hit Wario with Mario's up smash anytime he approaches from the air with his neutral air. Make sure to use up smash out of shield too. It'll discourage use of neutral air if he can't hi with it. The reason why I pick Mario for this is because Mario's up smash is pretty much un-punishable from the air; since Mario's head is invulnerable during the move.
2. Another way would be to try to influence him to put other moves at the top of his priority chart using the 2v1 method. All you need to do here play with him on a Team Battle as Wario for a couple matches and use other moves you want him to use. Eventually, he should stop.
3. If you don't feel like doing it yourself, facing other amiibo will work as well, since they'll usually punish aerial abuse. Characters like Bowser, Mario, and Fox make fine training partners in this regard.
4. One other thing to try is to mirror match your Wario and abuse nair yourself. This doesn't work all the time, but sometimes, amiibo will stray away from moves their trainer uses 24/7 and try to counter it with other moves.
5. If you're still having trouble, you can always pit Wario on his own team against a group of Lv.9 Ganondorf's. He may or may not turn stupid, but he'll at least stop using nair.